Friday 2 December 2011

Party frocks and Christmas Baubles....

Deck the halls…..fa la la la la….Tonight I’m going  home to start putting up my Christmas decs….I say start because generally it does take me at least 2 nights.   When I was pregnant with Seth, if I saw a decoration, tacky snowman, Christmas light…I bought it!  So now I have the task of  sorting  through what is a huge amount of some of the most hideous things you have ever seen ( I really should get rid, but I almost feel sentimental about them now ) and find all the tasteful, or acceptable untasteful things I bought when I wasn’t hormonal!!!

I love this time of year, we’re all more cheerful , with a few exceptions of course…for example a bah humbug type who I had in the store this morning. He wanted a scarf for his wife “ because she’s done nothing but nag about some hand dyed thing” she saw in the store last week. He wouldn’t even let me box and wrap it…too much of a hurry!!! Well…that’s just not what Christmas is about!!!!

It’s a month where we wrap up in cosy knits and big scarves but it’s the time of year which brings out a little bit of glam in all of us….yes even you boys, out buying the girls in your lives lovely sparkly gifts!!

I love party dresses, I love the furs to wrap round the party dresses (faux of course ), although I’m more likely to have on a leather jacket, I love the bling and the sparkle and I cant wait to get into my sparkly attire for the season…not that I’m going too far but I could even embrace the glam and get dressed up to do my tree and decorations this evening…be all sophisticated in my party wear with a glass of champagne in one hand and glass bauble in the other…. The way they do in the mags. Is that not what we all look like getting ready for Christmas???   Glass baubles and champagne…. Yeah, only if I lived someone else’s life… and as I’ve had another week of not winning the lottery I’ll just stick with my feather fairy decorations and the most garish orange sequin bauble which I let Seth choose last week… big mistake!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment